Thursday, 29 June 2017

Daily Update On Current Affairs - June 29, 2017

current affairs
Here's your daily summary of Current Affairs.

Cabinet Gives In-Principle Approval For Disinvestment Of Air India

The Cabinet has given its in-principle approval for the disinvestment of debt-ridden public airline carrier Air India. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said that a group will be set up to finalise modalities and details of disinvestment including the quantum of stake sale. The airline has a debt of more than 52,000 crore rupees and is surviving on a 30,000 crore rupees bailout package extended by the previous UPA government in 2012.

Cabinet Approves 7th Pay Commission Allowances For Central Govt Employees With Some Modification

The government has approved the recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission on allowances with 34 modifications. The revised rates will be effective from 1st of next month. The decision was taken at a Cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi. The move will benefit 34 lakh civilian employees and 14 lakh Defence Forces Personnel. Briefing reporters after the meeting, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said, the CPC examined 197 allowances out of which it recommended the abolition of 53 allowances and subsuming 37 allowances.

Odisha To Become First State In The Country To Open A Blood Bank For Cattle

Odisha is set to become the first state in the country to open a blood bank for cattle. The proposal has received the nod from the National Agriculture Development Programme (NADP). It is now awaiting the approval from the state government. The blood bank for cattle would be set up on the premises of the Odisha University of Agriculture and Technology (OUAT) at an estimated cost of Rs. 3.25 crore. 60% of the project cost would be funded by the Central government and the rest 40% would be funded by the Odisha state government. 

Indian Army Gets Modern Bulletproof Helmets

After decades of waiting the Indian Army has finally received its first batch of bulletproof helmets. The helmets were manufactured by Kanpur-based MKU Industries at the cost of Rs 180 crore. The new bulletproof helmets are capable of withstanding the impact of 9mm ammunition fired from a short range. The helmets match global standards of equipment for armed forces. According to MKU, the bullet-proof helmets undergo rigorous quality and ballistic lab test at the company’s testing facilities in India as well as in Germany.

Major Ransomware Cyber-Attack Reported By Companies Across The Globe

Companies across the globe have reported that they have been struck by a major ransomware cyber-attack. The virus, the source of which is not yet known, freezes the user's computer until an untraceable ransom is paid in the digital Bitcoin currency. Ukrainian firms, including the state power company and Kiev's main airport, were among the first to report issues. The Shipping Ministry has confirmed that one terminal at Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) in Mumbai has been affected due to ransomware cyber attack. The Ministry and JNPT are taking steps to ensure minimum disturbance to trade, transporters and more importantly local citizens. 

India's Communication Satellite GSAT-17 Successfully Launched

India's latest communication satellite GSAT-17 has been successfully launched from Kourou in French Guiana on the 28th June 2017. GSAT-17 with a lift-off mass of about 3,477 kg carries payloads in Normal C-band, Extended C-band and S-band to provide various communication services. The Satellite also carries equipment for meteorological data relay and satellite-based search and rescue services being provided by earlier INSAT satellites.


Whatsapp Share Share on whatsapp

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for providing such nice information to us. It provides such amazing information on care/as well Health/.The post is really helpful and very much thanks to you.The information can be really helpful on health, care as well as on exam/ tips.The post is really helpful.
    Thanks for providing such nice information to us. It provides such amazing information on competition Exams/

    ReplyDelete