a. Preliminary Examination:To qualify, a candidate has to prove that he/she is well versed with the world around as well as show proficiency in English and Math in a time base format in which negative marking is provided. Further, the candidate has to score above the sectional cut-off in English language, Reasoning Ability and Quantitative Aptitude.
b. Main Examination:Only those students, who beat the cut-off marks in each section as well as in the total in the Preliminary Examination, are selected to write the Main Examination. This exam is known to be a difficult examination and though the subjects are the same, the questions are formatted to make the test more challenging than the Preliminary Exam. On scoring above the cut-off determined by the examination centre the candidates are selected for the third Interview stage.
c. Interview:From this stage on the recruitment process is taken over by the respective banks. The interviews are conducted by the respective participating banks and the weightage is given in the ratio of 80:20. With 80% weightage given to the score in the Main exam and 20% weightage being given to the interview conducted.
Results DeclaredThe results for the IBPS PO exam and interview have been declared a few hours ago and the procedure to check the results is simple and user friendly. Listed below are the steps to check for results:
- Log on to the official website of IBPS
- Select the link CWE PO/MT (Common Written Examination for Probationary Officers/Management Trainees
- Select the link for checking the results
- Enter the details required such as Registration No/Roll No.
- Enter the Password or your Date of Birth in DD-MM-YY format
- Key in the alphanumeric chain of characters
- Select Login
- Check your score
- Remember the final cut-off list will be a combination of your main examination and interview in the ratio 80:20
- 9,456 candidates have been selected for the provisional allotment The IBPS PO results also displays several details such as category and professional allotment status as well as the name of the bank where the candidate has been allotted his/her probationary term
- The selection process takes into consideration the cut-off marks and the number of vacancies
- There are a total of twenty participating banks for this ISPB PO exam
- The employment offer will depend on eligibility criteria and be finalised after checking of all relevant documents
- The scores of the Main examination will not be revealed till after the candidates are interviewed by the respective bank
- The interview carries a total of 100 marks with the cut-off for the general category being 40% and 35% being the cutoff for SC/ST, OBC and PWD candidates