While preparing for any exam, studying the syllabus is the first and foremost thing. It provides you with not only an overview but also an insight on successful planning. So here is the SBI PO 2017 syllabus, which will help you plan your studies well.
Syllabus for Preliminary and Mains Test of SBI PO Exam 2017
- English Language: This is one of the toughest sections in the SBI PO Exam. In order to prepare well for this section, aspirants need to improve their general English and learn basic concepts of English grammar. For that, aspirants should read English magazines and newspapers. Some of the important topics included in this section are grammar, comprehension, spotting errors, fill in the blanks, para jumbles, idioms and phrases, synonyms and antonyms, etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude/Data Analysis and Interpretation Section: This section contains the basic mathematical questions and for that one needs to learn the basic formulas and smart shortcuts to solve the question in lesser time and practice regularly. Some of the important topics included in this section are number systems, number series, fractions, simple interest and compound interest, time and work, time and distance, profit and loss, percentage, average, ratio and proportion, data interpretation, bar graphs, pie-charts, and probability.
- Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude Section: The key is practicing all the types of questions as many times as one can. Some of the important topics covered in this section include blood relations, syllogism, directions, seating arrangements, data sufficiency, series problems, puzzles, non-verbal reasoning, coding-decoding, analogy, and classification. On the other hand, the Computer Knowledge section mainly consists of questions related to computer basics and for that, you need awareness about computer hardware and software, MS Office, keyboard shortcuts, and the internet.
- Economy/Banking Awareness Section: This section contains questions related to banking and economy. For that, aspirants need to keep themselves updated with the current and old happenings as well as the history of banking and economy. This section covers topics like current affairs related to finance and economy, banking history, fiscal and monetary policies, etc.
Preparation tips for SBI Recruitment Exam 2017The entire game of SBI PO 2017 Exam boils down to beating your competition. So pay attention to these important tips.
- Negative Marking: There is negative marking in the SBI PO Exam. One-fourth of the marks are deducted as a penalty for each incorrect answer. This is applicable to both Preliminary and Main examination. Keeping in mind this negative marking rule, aspirants need to be highly accurate with their answers. What is needed is that aspirants should learn smart tips, tricks and shortcuts to solve the questions with accuracy and speed.
- A Plan of Study: Not only speed and accuracy matters in the SBI Recruitment Exam but the preparation matters too. A focused approach is needed while preparing for the various subjects of the exam. So, aspirants need to strategise and this can be done only by analysing the questions that appeared in the previous years. Failing to plan is planning to fail.
- Understand the underlying concepts: Last but not the least, only mugging up the formulas or topics is not enough. Understanding the underlying concept makes it faster for you to attempt the question compared to others who just mug up.
Need for expert guidanceTo cover all the above-mentioned points i.e., speed, accuracy, time management and practice, proper preparation is needed. You can surely take the help of professional coaching institutes like TalentSprint. They not only support you with adequate techniques but also help you prepare at your convenience through pen drive coaching.
So get set to run the marathon.