But with an eLitmus score, this problem is solved, as the scores are helpful for candidates to highlight their skill sets and at the same time for companies to shortlist candidates for an interview. The pH test score is in percentile & helps candidates benchmark themselves against the national talent pool. Candidates can use this score to apply to IT companies up to a period of 2 years.
eLitmus PercentileA common misconception is to equate percentile to a percentage. But they are vastly different. If say candidate A, has scored 92 percentile in the pH test, it means 92% of pH test takers have scored less than him and 8% of the test takers more than her. Say there are 1,00,000 test takers in the said year, then 8% of candidates, that is 8,000 in all, are above candidate A.
How to score a good percentile in the pH testTo score a good percentile in eLitmus, attempt only those questions that you are sure of. Try to avoid negative marks, as in the percentile criteria, the accuracy of your answers is what matters.
Each of the 3 test sections consists of 20 questions each. Do not try to solve all the questions. Choose to answer only those you are confident about. If your goal is to score a 90 percentile, then 10 questions plus is enough to attempt in each section. You must ensure that your score is not bogged down by the negative marking scheme, which is considered Section Wise and not on the Complete Test. So choose the right questions and answer them wisely.
Score Calculator for eLitmus:
Quantitative aptitude section:
- Up to 10 Marks(1 correct question) : 40+ percentile
- Up to 20 Marks(2 correct question) : 50+ percentile
- Up to 30 Marks(3 correct question) : 75+ percentile
- 60+ marks : 95+ percentile
Reasoning aptitude section:
- Up to 20 Marks(2 correct question) : 40+ percentile
- Up to 30 Marks(3 correct question) : 50+ percentile
- Up to 40 Marks(4 correct question) : 65+ percentile
- Up to 50 Marks(5 correct question) : 80+ percentile
- 60+ Marks : 95+ percentile
Verbal aptitude section:
- Up to 20 Marks(2 correct question) : 20+ percentile
- Up to 60 Marks(6 correct question) : 60+ percentile
- Up to 90 Marks(9 correct question) : 85+ percentile
- Up to 100 marks : 90+ percentile
- 120+ marks : 95+ percentile
Since choosing the questions wisely is the key to scoring high in this test, it is advisable to be guided by experienced coaching professionals like TalentSprint. Such preparation can not only help with the right material to study but also the right shortcut techniques to solve complex problems on the main day.
Join and get set to score high for entering the dream IT company of your choice.