So what is AMCAT and why you need it?Simply put, AMCAT is Aspiring Minds Computer Adaptive Test. It is an employability assessment test that evaluates the reasoning skills, technical skills, and aptitude of students and new graduates from a job perspective. It focuses on entry level jobs for freshers.
More than 700 companies in India use this as a compulsory test for entry level hires. The companies that use AMCAT as their assessment tool include Accenture, Tata Motors, Snapdeal, Axis Bank and many others. The fee of AMCAT Exam is Rs.843 and the score card is valid for 3 years.
What to study to get a high score in AMCAT?The duration of the AMCAT test paper is three hours. The questions are objective type and there is no negative marking. The exam assesses basic aptitude like English, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Ability and also certain aspects of personality. The sections and modules in the test can be chosen based on the education background and job preference in particular sectors. Some modules are compulsory and others are optional. Candidates can select any two domain-specific modules during the AMCAT test paper.
The compulsory module includes:
- English Comprehension paper: This paper tests the candidate’s ability to understand the written text, the spoken skills and the ability to communicate effectively through written documents. Topics in English Comprehension paper include fill in the blanks, identifying and correcting errors in the sentences, synonyms, and antonyms, setting the sentence in order, passage comprehension etc. It carries 900 marks.
- Quantitative Ability paper: This paper is intended to evaluate the numerical ability of the candidates and is tailored to suit both technical and non-technical candidates. Topics in Quantitative Ability paper include general maths, permutations and combinations, basics of Algebra, fractions and decimals, logarithms and powers, LCM and HCF, numerical problems, problems on time and work, time and distance, ages, P&L, interest, percentages etc. This paper carries 900 marks.
- Logical Ability (Reasoning) paper: This paper tests the reasoning ability and the ability to interpret, spot trends and make generalisations. Topics in this section include coding and decoding, puzzles and sequencing of words, blood relations reasoning, non-verbal reasoning, objective reasoning, data sufficiency etc. It also carries 900 marks.
As for the optional modules, there are primarily three modules for graduates, engineers and MBA graduates.
- General syllabus for graduates includes topics such as Finance and Accounting, Computer Programming, Biology, Pharma, Physics, Chemistry, etc.
- General syllabus for engineers includes topics such as Computer Science, IT, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Communication and Electrical Engineering.
- General syllabus for MBA graduates includes topics such as HR, Finance, Marketing, Operations, Statistics, etc.
How to get a high score in AMCAT?
1. Attempt maximum questionsin the minimum time frame: Candidates need to attempt maximum questions and should not be stuck with difficult ones. They should answer the simple questions first and then move on to the difficult ones. The trick is to develop a gut feeling on whether he or she can actually attempt the question successfully.
2. Revise subjects fromgraduation: Since the subjects related to graduation form the part of the Exam, candidates need to revise those subjects thoroughly.
3. Check previous years’question papers: Candidates should go through previous years’ question papers and get an overview of the type of questions frequently asked.
4. Take mock tests:These tests can help the candidates in preparing well and can also increase their speed. Mock tests with real-time results will help plan your answering strategy.
Looking at the syllabus, candidates may feel that it is a tough task to clear the AMCAT Exam. But fret not! In order to be better equipped for AMCAT, candidates can look forward to professional coaching platform like TalentSprint which give them the required training through cutting edge online courses.
So start preparing for AMCAT today.