The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has released their exam notification for Probationary Officers/Management Trainees 2016. The exam is scheduled in two phases: 1) after you qualify in the Prelims you transition to the Main Exam 2) after qualifying in the mains you are shortlisted for the Interview. The entire process for application, registration, and payment of fees is online. Here are a few pointers on how to get your online registration done.
Things to be kept ready before you start online registration:
- Download the appropriate IBPS Job Notification.
- Compare your educational qualification and age to the given norms. You should be a graduate in any discipline from a Government recognised University and your age should be within the 20 to 30 years range as on 1st July 2016.
- Keep your degree certificate and mark sheet handy.
- Keep your minority/caste certificate handy; pre-check for the validity of the documents.
- Have a scanned recent passport size coloured photo against a white background and your signature in black on white paper scanned, too.
- Check if you have a valid and an active email ID. This is required to get the relevant updates, notifications, call letters, etc. communicated from IBPS.
- Registration fee is to be paid online, so make sure you have your Debit/Credit Card handy.
Log on to www.ibps.in , the official website for registeration. Click on the bank exam PO/MT that you want to appear for, from the options given. It loads the relevant exam web page assigned and a full schedule of the registration phase is given on the left-hand side.
Bookmark the above page, as this is the start point for the entire time span of your registration.
Then click on the yellow button on the top right corner, as shown in the above image, to begin your registration. A new registration will be provided with a user id and password, it will be sent to your email account. You will get a set of instructions which you need to read thoroughly before you start with your registration.
Don’t forget to read the important instructions that pop-up as soon as you click on the Registration button on the main screen. Once you are through with it, click on the Continue button to proceed further.
- You will see a 5-Step process outlined at the top. The first page for registration consists of Basic Information required – name, mobile no. and email id, after you confirm details and enter your security code from the text in the box, you can save and go to the next step
- A temporary user id and password will be generated on completion of the first page. This can be used to sign-in to the system at any time during the period of online registration.
- You will be notified for typing mistakes, if any, and will not be allowed to proceed further till they are corrected. Click on Save & Next to save all the information you have entered and proceed to the next step.
- In the second step, you will be required to upload your scanned passport size photograph and signature.
- The third page consists of other details required, like parents’ names, address, category, caste, marital status, gender, etc. After you fill the details in the 1st Tab, save and move to the next tab on Qualification & Experience. After you fill the 2nd tab, save & move to the next tab on Preferences. Use the up, down, and side arrow keys to give priority to your favourite banks, if you are selected.
- In the fourth step, a page displays all the details provided by you. Do not be in a hurry. Check that all the details provided by you are accurate and you have supporting documents for the same. You are allowed 3 attempts to return and complete your registration. After being satisfied with your entries, click on “I agree” and proceed further to click on the Final Submit button. Once you accept all the terms and submit the form, you will not be able to edit anything further.
- The final page consists of online payment of fees.
- Finally, go back to the home page, login and download your application form and e-receipt to keep/ save a copy for future reference.
- Do check your mail regularly for any further communication or updates. Run the step-by-step instruction video parallely while filling up the form by visiting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skhMg3AfxIg