Clearing the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) is now mandatory to land a good teaching job . The exam is conducted by CBSE twice a year. As lakhs of teaching aspirants appear for the exam, the competition is intense and the pass percentage, accordingly, is very low. However, with the right guidance and preparation with India’s popular team of trainers with TalentSprint, qualifying in CTET is not all that difficult.
Remember, while you are taking CTET, it is not enough that you just clear the paper. What is more important is getting the highest score possible. Here are 5 things you can do in order to increase your success chances and score higher:
1. Study the syllabus:Go through the syllabus and understand it completely. Divide your time according to the topics and note down the topics which need to be prepared first. This helps in prioritizing what you want to prepare first and helps you prepare for them thoroughly, before you start with others. The syllabus primarily consists of child development and pedagogy, languages, mathematics, science and environmental studies.
2. Identify your core areas:You need to identify your strong areas and accordingly plan on how much time you need to spend on each of the sections in order to complete everything on time.
First, choose those subjects that are within your strength areas. Prepare for them to the best of your ability. Then, focus on subjects that you are not confident about. Lastly, you can pick up the subjects that you simply don't know anything about. Where there is an option of subjects, choose only those subjects that you are confident about.
3. Focus on Pedagogy:Child pedagogy is an entire subject and constitutes 30 marks in the paper, besides which each subject contains about 50% questions from Pedagogy. Focusing on Pedagogy will help you stand a good chance for attempting maximum questions and qualifying in the exam. So, do prepare well for the pedagogy part.
4. Practice:It is practice and more practice that helps you achieve perfection. Regular practice will not only improve your speed but also enhance your accuracy level. Speed and accuracy are the keys to success in CTET. Refer to as many previous years’ question papers as possible. That will give you a clear picture of what to expect in the exam. Find previous year papers available online at www.talentsprint.com/ctet.dpl.
5. Mock Tests:Mock tests help you compete with fellow aspirants, thereby giving you a feel of the actual exam. Try to attempt as many mock tests as possible. The more you solve, the more confident you will get. These mock tests also help you discover your strengths and weaknesses. You will get acquainted with the sections and questions you are most comfortable with. This helps you estimate the time and effort you will expend on each subject on the main day.
Joining a trusted CTET preparation program is the best thing you can do. TalentSprint has the tried and trusted formula for helping you crack CTET like thousands of aspirants in the past. Prepare with India’s popular team of trainers through video lessons, live classes etc., and hone your skills further with a number of practice and mock tests leading to sure-shot success in the exam.