As per an official notification released by the Government of India, Staff Selection Commission, the SSC CGL exam pattern has undergone a revision. Candidates will now have to face a computer-based examination as Tier-I & II of the selection process is going to be conducted online.
The Commission holds Combined Graduate Level Examination, for recruitment to different posts for which a Graduation from a recognized University is the minimum requirement. Furthermore, the commission has also released a notification stating that it is revamping the existing modality of conducting the Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE), 2016. Accordingly, the CGLE, 2016, which was scheduled to be held on 8th & 22nd May 2016, has been postponed and would now be held in the month of August 2016.
As per the notification release, given below are some notable revisions in the SSC CGL exam pattern:
- No. of Questions reduced in Tier-1 from 200 to 100. However, they will continue to carry 200 marks. The marks allocation, for the same, will be as under:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning- 25 questions [50 marks]
- General Awareness - 25 questions [50 marks]
- Quantitative Aptitude - 25 questions [50 marks]
- English Comprehension - 25 questions [50 marks]
- The duration for Tier-1 Examination will be 75 minutes. However, the duration will be 100 minutes for VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy.
- The OMR based examination mode has been replaced with the computer-based mode wherein students will appear for exams online for Tier-I & II.
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer in Tier-I. In respect of Tier-II, the negative marking system will remain unchanged.
- The commission has also introduced a Descriptive Paper of English/Hindi as Tier-III. The Question Paper will be bilingual.The candidates will have the option to choose any one medium.
Now that you’re updated on all the exam pattern revisions, start preparing and score better with a platform trusted by thousands of aspirants. Get the TalentSprint advantage with online and pendrive prep designed by India’s popular team of trainers led by Rohit Agarwal. Maximise your chances with hundreds of ebooks, video lessons, live classes and much more.
Join now to grab the early bird advantage and save 30% on SSC CGL exam prep today!Visit: talentsprint.com/bank
Use Coupon Code: FIRST30
Watch this space for more updates.