Over 13,700 vacancies have been announced. This is the largest one we have seen over the last 5 years that too by over two times. So, all those wishing to secure the high paying jobs in this Government Bank, the time has come to pull up your socks and get ready for this opportunity.
The news about SBI Clerk Recruitment 2016 was expected for long and the announcement has come at the right time when IBPS results and LIC AAO results are out and aspirants are gearing up for the next battle.
SBI (Junior Associates in Clerk Cadre) Recruitment Notification 2016
If you are one of those who are interested in securing a bright future in one of the best Government Banks in India, then you should make a note of the below mentioned important dates:
- Vacancies: Over 13,700
- Selection Process: 2 tier test followed by Interview or official language test
- Key Dates
- Registration and Payment of Fees: April 5- April 25, 2016
- Preliminary Exam: May/June 2016
- Main Exam: June 2016
- Key things to note
- Final year students expected to get graduated by June 2016 can apply
- Local language proficiency required
- Prelim Exam: 100 Marks, 60 Minutes, Covers Quant, Reasoning and English
- Main Exam: 200 marks, sectional cut off, sectional time restriction, 190 question, 120 minutes
Essential Educational Qualification:
- For Junior Associates: Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government.
- For Junior Agricultural Associates: Graduation in Agriculture or Agriculture allied activities from a Govt. recognised University/Institute.
Those who are in the final semester/year of Graduation may also apply provisionally, subject to the condition that, if called for interview/joining, they will have to produce proof of having passed the Graduation Examination on or before June 30, 2016.
- 20-28 years as on April 1, 2016 (+3 years for OBC, +5 years for SC/ST)
- Candidates should be able to write and speak English.
- Local language proficiency (ability to read, write and speak) of the State you are applying for is required.
MCQ - Online Test
MCQ - Online Test
Interview / Test of Knowledge of official / local language
No. of Questions
Sectional Cut offs
Sectional time allocation
Interview subject to Govt. feedback
Test of official language before selection
Personal, General and Subject matters
20 times the number of vacancies
3 times the number of vacancies
No. of vacancies
The selection process of SBI will consist of online tests (preliminary and main examinations), a test of official and/or local language and interview, subject to Govt. of India approval.
- Phase-I: Preliminary Examination will be conducted online and it will consist of Objective Tests for 100 marks. This test would be of One Hour duration consisting of 3 sections as follows:
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing passing marks to be decided by the Bank. An adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by the Bank (approximately 20 times the number of vacancies subject to availability) will be shortlisted for the Main Examination.
- Phase II: The structure of Main Examination (online objective type) would be as follows :
The questions in objective tests, except for the test of General English, will be bilingual i.e., in English and Hindi. The candidates are required to qualify in each of the Tests by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank. There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective Tests. 1/4th mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. Candidates will have to pass in each of the objective tests.
- Phase III: Candidates qualified in the test (Main Examination) will be placed according to their marks in descending order in respective categories. Depending upon the number of vacancies, the only certain number of candidates from amongst those who qualify by ranking high enough in the merit will be called for interview (subject to Govt. of India approval) in the ratio of maximum 3 candidates for each vacancy.
- Test of knowledge of official and/or local language: Those who produce 10th Standard mark sheet/certificate as an evidence of having studied official (local) language, will not be subjected to any Language Test. However, in the case of others, language test will be conducted at the time of interview (if the interview is held)/before final selection (if the interview is not held).
- You need to fill the online application form available at 'Careers' page on www.sbi.co.in
- After filling the details, you will have to upload your recent photo and signature
- Lastly, complete the payment by Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking
The registration/application fee is Rs.600 for General/OBC category and Rs.100 for others.
A step further
After completing the registration process, the next stage will be the exam preparation stage. To help you prepare well for the SBI Junior Associates Clerk Exam, TalentSprint has launched a new Program on it's website www.talentsprint.com/bank