SBI, the largest Public Sector Banks in India is on the rolls yet again with SBI Clerk Notification 2016. With the SBI Clerk Notification 2016 out, all the details about SBI Clerk 2016 are available. We throw light on 5 important highlights of SBI Clerk Notification 2016.
1. SBI Clerk Notification Dates:The first and foremost thing that the SBI Clerk Notification 2016 mentions is the important dates. The time period for online registration and payment of fees is April 5th to 28th, 2016. The Preliminary Exam will be held in May/June 2016 and Main Examination in June 2016.
2. Eligibility Criteria:The other important highlight of SBI Clerk Notification 2016 is the eligibility criteria.
a. For Junior Associates, the essential educational qualification required is Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government.
b. For Junior Agricultural Associates, the qualification needed is Graduation in Agriculture or Agriculture allied activities from a Government recognised University/Institute.
c. The age limit is 20-28 years as on April 1, 2016 (+3 years for OBC, +5 years for SC/ST).
3. Selection Procedure:The 3rd most important highlight of SBI Clerk Notification 2016 is the selection procedure. It mentions that the selection process of SBI Clerk 2016 will consist of on-line tests (Preliminary and Main Examinations), a test of official and/or local language and interview, subject to Government of India approval.
a. Phase-I: Preliminary Examination will be conducted online and it will consist of an Objective Test for 100 marks. This test of 1-hour duration will consist 3 sections i.e., English Language, Numerical Ability and Reasoning Ability. Candidates qualifying in each of the three tests by securing passing marks will be shortlisted for the Main Examination.
b. Phase II: The structure of Main Examination (online objective type) would be as follows
Name of the Test
No. of Questions
General / Financial Awareness
Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude
2 Hours 40 Minutes
c. Phase III: Candidates qualified in the test (Main Examination) will be called for interview (subject to Government of India approval) in the ratio of maximum 3 candidates for each vacancy.
d. Test of knowledge of official and/or local language: The notification mentions that those who produce 10th standard mark sheet/certificate evidencing having studied official (local) language will not be subjected to any Language Test. However, in the case of others, language test will be conducted at the time of interview (if the interview is held)/before final selection (if the interview is not held).
4. Registration process:In the SBI Clerk Notification 2016, there are details about the registration process as well. For this, aspirants need to fill the online application form available at ‘Careers’ page on sbi.co.in. After filling the details, aspirants need to upload their recent photo and signature and lastly complete payment by Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking.
5. Application fee and intimation charges:As per the notification, the registration/application fee is Rs.600 for General/OBC category and Rs.100 for others.